Model: ABB 1000:5 CMV Current Transformers
- 600 volt indoor or outdoor, 10 kV BIL, 25 through 60 hertz
- Primary amperes: CMV 100-4000; CMV Hi-Temp 200-4000
- 3.5" x 4.5" (88.9 mm x 114.3 mm) oval window
- Designed for pad-mounted distribution transformer metering
- This unit meets all applicable IEEE and NEMA standards
Thermoplastic rubber insulating material is permanently molded to the core and coil assembly on both designs, resulting in a compact unit with excellent mechanical, thermal, and dielectric characteristics.
The CMV and CMV-Hi Temp both have an oval primary opening suited to fit over the secondary spade in pad-mounted transformers.
Secondary terminals and cover
The CMV and CMV Hi-Temp transformers are supplied with large compression-type secondary terminals, a short circuit device, and a clear, rectangular snap-on cover suitable for locking with a meter seal. This clear plastic cover allows a visual check of connections and is keyed to a short circuit device to ensure proper installation. Terminals can also serve as a posttype connector by looping wire under the screw head.