About Us

Byram Laboratories, headquartered in Branchburg, New Jersey, is a world-class distributor, manufacturer, modification center and calibration facility for industrial instrumentation. Byram has been serving the power generation, power transmission & distribution (Power T&D), and process control industries since 1910. We have sales offices throughout the United States.

Our History
1910  -  Founder of Byram leaves employment with Westinghouse Electric Company, Newark, NJ and starts “Byram” a sole proprietorship business. Mr. H.F. Byram customer base was one customer – Westinghouse.
1935  -  Byram celebrates 25 years of being in business.
1945  -  H.F. Byram sells Byram to A. J. Torcivia. Relocates office to 30 Bathgate Place, Newark, NJ.
1948  -  A.J. Torcivia receives Electrical Engineering Degree, Columbia University.
1953  -  RCA became Byram’s second largest customer besides Westinghouse.
1954  -  Byram relocates single room office to 64 North Grove Street, Newark, NJ. This move doubles the size of Byram to an office room and large single room calibration laboratory.
1965  -  Byram relocates to 535 South Orange Avenue, Newark, NJ.
1966  -  Byram hires first non-family member to work as electrical technician.
1980  -  Byram relocates to Plainfield, NJ increasing office and laboratory size from 1,200 sq. ft. to 6,000 sq. ft.
1981  -  Byram changes form of organization from sole proprietorship to regular “C” corporation status. Name officially became Byram Laboratories, Incorporated. This change of status also initiated company health insurance and pension plans for all employees.
1985  -  Byram does liquidation and asset sale to Monte J. Prince with name Byram Corporation. A.J. Torcivia remains as business consultant under new management.
1991  -  ABB acquires Westinghouse meter business and establishes Byram as “MCE” Meter Center of Excellence as exclusive distributor/modification partner for all industrial, commercial and OEM business.
1991  -  Byram strengthens sales arm with the addition of 32 independent manufacturer representatives with a combined sales staff of approximately 133 personnel.
1996  -  Tornadoes strike New Jersey. Despite the local area being hit by tornadoes, Byram continues business through use of emergency back-up generators.
1998  -  Byram acquires office/production facility and relocates to Branchburg, NJ. This move increases building space to 16,000 sq. ft.
2000  -  Byram celebrates 90 years of being in business.
2005  -  Byram Laboratories becomes an AMR service bureau for Elster Electricy.
2010  -  Byram celebrates 100 years of being in business.

 

Our Partners